I have been working on a commission these last few weeks, and I am pleased to say it is now finished and in the post!
I was asked to make an eagle character, that looked like a superhero but slightly menacing.
I bought several hundred feathers and after adding a mod roc (plaster bandage) beak to a pre-made mask and painting that a yellowish colour, I set about adding all the feathers,.. most of them individually!
This is the base with mod roc and gesso as a base for the paint.
When it was all dry, I painted the beak.
I painted the base in shades of grey and put black around the eyes.
Then ...I added the feathers, trying to get a smooth layer all over.
Looking pretty good at this stage, nice and fluffy! lol
There is grey felt around the eyes to neaten the edges and give a frown effect and black ribbon attached inside to tie.
And ..this is the finished mask!